There are many metrics that measure engagement; page views are not one of them. Make your product better by measuring actions, not page views.
Any question you can ask about your data, Mixpanel can answer.
- For years, companies have pushed page views as a primary measure of success. Page view counts are popular because they are easy to report, but ultimately cannot tell you how engaged your visitors are. Mixpanel lets you measure what customers do in your app by reporting actions, not page views.
A simple way to answer complex questions.
- Working with data often means writing SQL queries, which is great for engineers but hard or impossible for everyone else. Mixpanel's segmentation tool simplifies queries by visualizing the questions you want to ask. Now analyzing your data is as easy as writing an email.
Powerful analytics means getting into the details.
- Mixpanel's power lies in giving you the ability to learn more from your data by being able to ask increasingly important and complex questions. Most analytics products limit insights to basic trend lines, showing for example "number of homepage visits" over time. Mixpanel goes further by enabling you to ask more of your data.
Increase conversions by identifying where you lose customers in any process, and run experiments to fix issues that you discover.
It's a funnel, not rocket science.
- Funnels are a way to visually measure how customers move through any series of events. So creating a funnel in Mixpanel is as simple as choosing an event. Other analytics tools ask you to set variables or rules, use fancy syntax, or fill in complicated forms. Just tell Mixpanel each event you want to track and you're done.
Answer questions about the past with retroactive funnels.
- Funnels never need to be defined ahead of time, so you have the flexibility to measure different flows as soon as you think of them. Simply select any number of events and instantly create a report that uses all of your historical data. Even better, clicking between funnel steps will display the history between any two steps. This is a shortcut to see if progress is being made between steps over time.
Get into the nitty-gritty
- The visual simplicity of funnels belies their true power: the ability to drill-down even further. Say Airbnb has a funnel report that shows: users that arrive on their site, search for a room, then book one. Airbnb can answer more questions by refining this report further using “properties” to show greater detail, such as what percentage of bookings are at hotels three stars or better.
If customers find an app valuable, they will keep using it. That's retention. Retention reports visualize how often your customers return and engage with your application. You can use this data to track and measure if the changes you make to your app increase customer retention.
Paint the full picture with cohorts.
- Cohorts are simply groups of customers that started using your app within a defined period of time. For example, all of the people who started using your app in January form a new customer cohort for that month. By displaying how often these cohorts return to your app, you can measure if changes you make to your app make it more or less valuable to customers. Cohorts are automatically grouped by day, week, or month, giving you the ability to see how your customer retention changes over time.
One thing leads to another.
- By default, retention reports display a recurring behavior (like logging in), but it can also show follow-up behavior. If two behaviors are related, then retention reports will show how often a person does one and then the other.
Customer knowledge is power.
- Just like Segmentation, retention reports also let you dig into more details to understand customer behavior at each step. For example, Zappos could create a funnel report to tell them how many customers bought shoes, then returned to buy again. Retention reports even allow you to see what percentage returned and bought shoes in a specific style, color, or size.
Mixpanel enables you to tie data to your users to see who they are and what they have done in your app. See groups of users with similar activity profiles, improve your product by following along as people experience it, or send customers a message to get their feedback.
It's time to get to know your users.
- Our targeting system makes it easy to see groups of users that have similar profiles. So whether you have a few customers or millions, you'll be able to understand exactly who is using your product.
Let your customer's actions tell their own story.
- Activity Feed puts customer behavior into an event-based timeline, so you can follow along as people experience your product, seeing where they get stuck along the way. Now you can test ways to improve your app for specific segments by looking at individual customer behavior. For example, compare the behavior of customers that recently cancelled to see if they share similarities.
Learn how valuable your customers are.
- Revenue is the most important metric to assess your business’s performance. Mixpanel enables you to see the lifetime value of a customer, so you know how much you can spend to acquire more of them while remaining profitable. Use Mixpanel to drill down and better understand the value of each marketing channel.
Measure what people think and how they feel.
- Mixpanel already tells you what people are doing in your app but it's always been difficult to measure what people think and feel. All you have to do now is just ask! Surveys lets you instantly ask your customers anything so you can finally answer the questions that have been difficult to measure. At last, we can finally put an end to guessing what people want.
Get personal. Send them a message.
- Now, you can empower your marketing team to take action on what they learn. Mixpanel makes it easy to interact with your users. You can send them a message right from the platform if you save their email address with us. It's simple, convenient, and requires no extra effort.
Take action on the surprising things you learn using Mixpanel. Now, you can automatically send notifications to your customers on mobile & web.
Keep your customers.
- Getting customers is hard, losing them is easy. Mixpanel makes keeping them easier by letting you message users who haven't logged in for a while, or to automatically let customers know that their free trials are ending.
It's as easy as writing an email.
- Empower your marketing team to take action on what they learn. For the first time, automating user messaging is as easy as writing an email. Just decide who you want to target, what you want to say, and when it should be sent. It's simple, convenient, and automatic.
Engage your customers wherever they are.
- Mixpanel lets you reach your customers from any device they use. Not only can you email them, you can send push notifications right to their mobile phone or tablet. If you have a mobile app and a website, you have multiple options to engage with users precisely when they are using your product. We've taken care of the complexity of email and push notification deliverability, so you don't have to think about it. With every new platform, we'll make it just as easy to reach your users, so you can work on growing your business.
They'll get the message. You'll choose how.
- In-app notifications are made specifically for mobile apps. When your users receive a notification it will be beautiful, native, fast, and feel like part of the app they're using. To help you broadcast the right kind of message, fullscreen and mini notifications give you options. For important information, fullscreen notifications give you the opportunity to make sure your users got it. While mini notifications let you communicate in a way that is more subtle. Either way, you're in control.
The proof is in the data.
- Mixpanel completes the marketing loop. Finally, you can take action on what you learn from Mixpanel reports, and know instantly whether you made the right decision or not. For example, if you send a message containing a coupon to re-engage lost customers, you can see if it increases paying customers immediately. Our platform ties these notifications to more meaningful data, events that you already track using Mixpanel, like someone logging in – things that really matter to your business.
Field Activity Management Tool
Starting At $5.00/Mo
An easy and powerful project management and billing software
Starting At $9.99/Mo
Search everything, in one shot
Workforce Job Management
Starting At $28.00/Mo
Online marketing freedom for everyone
Recruitment Software, Application Tracking System
Starting At $299.00/Mo
The mobile marketplace for services.
Smart selling made simple.
Starting At $29.00/Mo
Design responsive websites