Professional Services Automation (PSA)
Designed, built and integrated to help manage your business from sales to billing.
- Sales Force Automation
- Project Management
- Employee Scheduling
- Automated Invoicing
- 360° Reporting
- Better forecasting
- Higher utilization rate
- Greater profitability
- Improved billing
- Automated workflow
The Big Picture
- Manage your projects from sales to billing with one solution. Workflow processes are defined by employee profile, and can easily be adjusted for an individual. Enable extranet sharing to provide contractors or customers with a view of project progress. And with industry standard ERP compatibility there’s no need to acquire new accounting or financial management systems. Customization services are available to help further meet your specific needs.
Smooth Roll Out
- Cloud computing means you don’t need to worry about installations, servers or hardware modifications. Visma Severa gives you immediate access through the web browser of your choice, and we take care of hosting, updates, automatic backups and customer support.
CRM and Sales Force Automation
- Visma Severa helps you automate and synchronize your CRM processes to improve customer interactions and increase sales. Seamless integration with applications such as Microsoft Exchange and Google Apps is available.
Project and Resource Management
- It’s easier to schedule tasks, assign work, track profitability and measure billing ratios with Visma Severa. Combining workflow and financial management practices provides a 360 degree view of project and business development.
Time and Expense Tracking
- Employees record time, tasks, travel, product sales and service fees when they take place. Information in Visma Severa is automatically updated in real-time so everyone is on schedule with invoicing, deadlines and deliverables.
- Save up to 80% of the time spent on billing. Project expenses entered in Visma Severa are automatically stored and itemized for one-click invoicing. Invoices can be sent in multiple languages and multiple currencies, or integrated with accounting systems for distribution.
- Real-time analysis of business, project and employee performance is simple using Visma Severa’s built-in report generator with standard and customized reports. Data can be exported in Excel or CSV format, or transferred to other systems using our API interface.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
- The complete Visma Severa solution is available without installation. We provide the hosting, updates and backups. Benefits of cloud computing include world class security and service without the disruptions associated with traditional software.
CRM and Sales
Streamline your business processes with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Sales Force Automation (SFA) tools.
A CRM that Understands Projects
- Visma Severa features real-time resourcing, shared scheduling and project status information. This enables you to take on new projects as resources in other projects become available.
- With project planning as early as the sales stage, you can be sure to maintain sufficient resources to commit to a proposed schedule.
- Preliminary planning with profitability analysis increases the understanding with leeway in pricing. The estimated cost can be easily calculated with the Proposal add-on. Bid, estimate or quote, all numbers are linked to required products and services used to calculate the total price and estimate profit.
Share customer information seamlessly throughout the organization
- Customer and sales information is shared amongst all departments making information gathering and updating easier. This ensures that the same database is used from marketing through to sales.
- Access to view and update contact details can be easily managed through access rights.
- Customer classification criteria used in reporting:
- Customer and contact segmentation
- Customer type
- Customer rating
- Account owner
- Location (city, area, country)
- Size (personnel and revenue)
- Sold products and services
- Contact person’s role
- Own custom grouping
Sales representative’s daily tool
- Visma Severa is a crucial part of a sales representative’s work. The system reminds them of upcoming meetings and scheduled calls and provides a critical account reports with sales forecast and pipeline in the dashboard view. All calendar events can be synchronized with Outlook, mobile phones, Google Calendar and Visma Severa. Adding or updating calendar entries can be done from most any device or location.
- All communication is documented to allow incredible support and customer service throughout the project. Notes are easily stored both in customer details and user’s calendar. Sales, project, and invoice history is available based on user access rights.
Everything on sales
- Visma Severa’s integrated CRM removes “bottlenecks” from the sales: it allows tracking at each step of the project in order to evaluate performance targets or identify where customers are lost.
- Sales cases can be traced from lead to project start, which enables reviewing statistics such as quotes sent, RFIs received and negotiations held.
- From each sales case we can record:
- Sales person
- Sales value
- Sales stage
- Expected order date
- Lead source
- Previous and next activity
- Responsible department and cost centre
Identify success factors
- Does you organization track customer profitability? Doing analysis solely based on sales and revenue is not enough. Billed expenses and salary costs of personnel are easy to track with work time recordings.
- Apart from customer profitability, it is critical to measure account managers, project managers and sales representative success rate. Reports can reveal individual impact on an organization’s revenue and profitability. This can lead to new ways of rewarding excellent performance.
- Key principles for maintaining success factors are:
- Proposals and quotes are based on learning from previous projects (schedule, profit, resources)
- Sales can adjust according to available resources
- Project invoices are created based on information from proposal, pricelist and customer details
- Future recruitments and capacity can be estimated based on sales forecast
Transport data from other systems
- Visma Severa enables all customer information to be available in a single view and to create custom customer lists and reports. Contact data can easily be updated via Excel import or synchronized with ERP systems such as Visma Business and Visma Global.
Visma Severa’s web based project management connects sales, schedules, resource management, time, cost and financial information in real time.
Fast project setup
- Project team selection and resource allocation
- Milestone creation, project timeline, and financial targets are fast and easy to configure. The information from project proposals is attributed directly to work time estimates and project pricing.
- Use past projects as templates for new projects
- Adding project phases with milestones, tasks and deadlines
- Work times estimates (budget displayed in hours)
- Gantt-charts and project task tree view
- Revenue, billing, and expense forecasts
- Project alerts and notifications
Manage workflow, assign tasks
- Project milestones, deadlines, and tasks can be imported from project templates or defined case by case. Assigning tasks to team members allows task completion progress to be tracked in the project summery view. Late tasks are highlighted in task list and calendar.
- Assigning tasks and deadlines
- Viewing reminders on outstanding tasks
- Checking personal tasks in calendar and task list view
- Using task lists as billable work time
- Allocating unassigned tasks to available resources in calendar view
Compare forecasts with actual numbers
- Project budgets are possible for fixed revenue, billing and expenses on a monthly basis. Sent invoices, reported work time, travel costs and other expenses are automatically compared with forecasts.
- Project gross profit is measured with two key factors: with and without labor costs. Key metrics such as the ratio of billable hours and average price per hour are comparable between projects
Share project status with customers and other stakeholders
- In addition to project schedule and status, customers can access and even upload documents, review reported time and estimate and see cumulative billing against the allocated budget. Project status, phases, and documents are also open for comments between the customer and you.
- Instead of sending cluttering email updates on a project’s progress, this information can easily be share through Extranet-access. Customers are allowed to access information that has been shared with them in real time through a web-browser.
Tools for pricing
- Project pricing can be based on proposal’s products and services or predefined price list. Visma Severa supports following pricing models:
- Split billing
- Rate per hour (person and work type)
- Product prices
- Billing of travel and other expenses
- Flat rate target pricing
- Recurring billing
- Price per hour is calculated based on resource, project phase and work type. Overtime class can also affect billing price. Pricing is handled through rules that can be stored in price list. Expenses and other costs can be integrated to Visma Severa from ERP-solutions such as Visma Business, Visma Global, ProCountor and Netvisor.
Revenue recognition on monthly basis
- Project managers can be responsible for recognizing revenue on a monthly basis. Recognized revenue is compared with total project value and the system can automatically allocate revenue when a project has been completed. Billed time is recognized automatically based on the date of delivery.
- Revenue is possible to identify on two levels: own and external revenue (such as subcontracting). The revenue recognition period can be closed by the system administrator to prevent entries into the past.
Project management add-ons
- Revenue recognition: Recognize project revenue to match actual work completed and level of completion.
- Extranet: Share information with customers, partners and subcontractors. All stakeholders can check project status, add comments, review hours or upload documents according to your selection.
- Advanced resourcing: Allocate teams and people to forecast workloads. Monitor resource capacity on your dashboard in real-time.
Resource Planning and Management
Visma Severa’s workforce management handles task and employee scheduling to full-scale resource allocation with capacity analysis.
Integrating sales and resource planning
- Sales opportunity can already contain a tentative resource allocation. Potential resource allocation is separated from confirmed allocation through different colour identification.
- Resource selection criteria can also be based on an employee’s role, department and knowledge areas. Resource planning can be done using a percentage or hours. Allocation length is linked to project plan or set manually. Connecting allocation with project phases allows for automatic allocation updates in situations where tasks are moved.
Capacity to handle the load
- Resource planning provides insight in following situations:
- Can we bid for a new project, do we have resources to complete it within deadline?
- Do we need to recruit or scale down with our current order base ?
- Are certain resources constantly over- or underbooked?
- Resource load can be compared at an organizational, departmental or team level with the capacity on hand. Capacity can fluctuate from month to month based on scheduled holidays and other planned absences.
- Resource planning accuracy can be easily compared with actual time registered in a report that shows both capacity, load and actual reported time.
- Resource management reports allow for an individual view of specific resources. Resources can also be borrowed from other departments, and these reports reveal how many resources were spent in another department.
Employee and task scheduling
- An alternative method for handling resource management for small jobs is the calendar view where tasks are scheduled directly to employees. Available time slots and previous appointments are visible in a timeline view. Unassigned activities where the task owner is not yet known are displayed separately for project managers and project members. This calendar can be synchronized with Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) and Google Calendar. The system will automatically send an email on any new activity.
Time Registration and Expense Reporting
Captured daily or in real-time and associated to customer projects and internal work. Report travel and other expenses for reimbursement and project cost updating.
Reduce stress with time reporting
- Time can be captured during the day using a timer or at then end of the day. Time is reported against customer projects or for internal work. For employees working on the same projects during the week, it is possible to use the previous day as a template. Time reporting can also be done in the calendar view based on booked activities and events.
- Employees can monitor the time distribution between different projects, flextime balance (time off in lieu, compensatory time), billable ratio percentage and productivity percentage. The system will notify you of the days that have not been checked as ready.
- Supervisors can view and approve their employees’ reported time. It is possible to grant access to edit and even add new time entries through access rights.
Travel costs and reimbursement
- Travel expenses are possible to report with time. Applicable per diem compensation and other travel expenses affect the project’s financial performance (costs and margin) and become billable according to the project’s price list.
- Travel expenses can be compiled to a reimbursement document. Travel reimbursement can list all of the costs, both compensated and non-compensated, paid with a company credit card, and for different projects. It is also possible to upload receipts.
- A notification for every approved reimbursement is sent to employees via email. All travel cost information can de downloaded as an Excel file for payroll purposes.
Reporting and overtime
- Summary reports display individual employee time logged and absences such as holidays in a specific time frame. Reported time can be viewed as lists and sheets, and even be downloaded into Excel for further use such as payroll.
- Overtime classes used in time reporting options and billing can de predetermined by you can saved for future use.
- All time entries can go through an approval process. Approval is done by either a project manager for all the time reported on their projects or by a supervisor. After the time is approved, it becomes locked and ready for billing.
- To ensure accurate and reliable reporting, the time reporting period can be closed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. This guarantees that time is not reported in the past, especially for a period that has already billed or delivered to payroll.
Invoice time, expenses, products, fees and recurring services with Visma Severa. Integrated project billing ensures 100% billable rate.
Compile invoice data automatically
- Visma Severa lists all customers and projects that are ready for invoicing to guarantee that billable work becomes billed on time.
Faster billing cycle
- Project managers or account executives can create new invoices when they need them.
- Invoice content is compiled automatically from the project’s offer, reported time, products and cost information. Modifications to descriptions, attachments, quantities and prices are possible when the invoice is still in draft status. Billed time can be grouped to a single line based on employee, job, project phase, work type and reporting month. The level of detail regarding attachments is configured using the invoice template information or through custom settings for the selected invoice.
Invoice collection and ERP integration
- Invoice payments and accounts receivable are typically tracked in accounting or ERP systems. Visma Severa allows invoices to be transferred to ERP automatically, file transfer based, or manually.
- Visma Severa allows you to create credit notes (credit memos) or reminders from sent invoices.
- Recurring billing: Ensure repeat charges are ready to bill on schedule. Automatically ready to invoice. Add-on is included in Business and Enterprise editions.
- Organizational hierarchy: Model the structure of your company. Unique access rights and invoicing terms for different business units, subsidiaries or holdings.
- Multi-currency: Transact with the world in any currency. Secure financial fluency. Over 160 currencies.
Visma Severa enables your organization to save time with report generation and provides a full 360 degree view of your business affairs.
Unlimited report creation and modification
- Organizations can create an unlimited amount of reports, save the most commonly used ones as templates and even share them with employees and clients. Most reports can be added to the personal dashboard to provide instant access to updated information. All reports can be downloaded into Excel for further analysis. Severa API enables advanced data mining through an easy to use web services interface.
Employee role-based dashboard
- All employees can create personal, fully customized dashboards according to their needs and responsibilities. Predefined dashboards can also be shared based on employee profile (project manager, sales manager and administration). This unifies reporting conversions and helps new employees get up to speed by giving them access to required reports.
Customize report’s fields and criteria
- All report fields are selectable by user and content can be modified with search criteria such as time frame, resource and department. Reports are displayed in list, matrix and charts.
Expand your reporting with add-ons
- Business unit hierarchy: Model the structure of your company and monitor business success on unit level.
- Graphical Reports: Create custom graphical reports.
- KPI: How you would like to measure effectiveness in your projects? Create your own Key Performance Indicators that can be viewed on project summary.
- Severa API: Import the data you want to an external reporting system by using Severa API.
Connect your ERP with Visma Severa for a complete business solution.
Choose solution that interacts with your current systems
- Visma Severa integrates with your organization’s current accounting and payroll systems. This ensures fast roll-out since there is no need to change all current solutions.
- Visma Severa is compatible with the most common accounting and ERP solutions and allows for advanced functions such as electronic transfer of sales invoices to sales ledgers and bookkeeping.
- Visma Business
- Visma Global
- Visma Administration
- Visma Nova
- Visma Econet
- Customized integrations using open Severa API -interface, for example to SAP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and AX -systems.
Aim for a complete solution
- As Visma Group’s customer, your organization can also benefit from other software solutions such as a fully integrated ERP solution and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services such as accounting payroll and electronic invoice processing. Together, Visma Services and Visma Software are the biggest accounting office and ERP software vendors in the Nordics.
- Visma Severa fits for all professional services organizations. Organization can naturally continue working with their preferred accounting office and ERP-solution.
Automized invoicing process saves time and money
- Visma Severa can compile all invoices including any attachments automatically. In addition to emailing a PDF version of the invoice, we also offer electronic transfer options.
- With certain solutions such as Visma Business, invoices will transfer automatically once it has reach a specified status such as “approved” or “ready for ERP”. Sending the invoice then occurs from the ERP solution and can be integrated with electronic invoice processing services.
Efficient methods working with accounting
- By providing accountant and payroll personnel access to Visma Severa will increase efficiency in areas such as: work time and time-off reports to payroll, sales invoice processing and management reporting, and a better division of internal versus external administration.
Software as a Service
Cloud is Changing IT Industry.
- Visma Severa is always available, all you need is a web browser and an internet connection. Different offices, remote workers and partners can all access the system.
Easy to budget
- Traditionally installed client server systems have hidden costs because of hardware, maintenance, backups, personnel and software/hardware updates. Visma Severa’s monthly fee covers all costs. It is an easy to budget and cost effective solution.
- No software or hardware investments
- No software, hardware or salary costs of maintenance
- No costs for software or hardware updates
High-end security and uptime
- Small companies can now have the same level of service as larger enterprises. Visma Severa is hosted by Rackspace in the UK. Rackspace is the biggest hosting provider in the World. Microsoft has even ranked it to be the best hosting partner for multiple years in a row.
- Visma Severa uptime has been impressive 99,965% including maintenance breaks (2011)
- Daily backups
- SSL certified data encryption
- SAS 70 Type II certified data center
Complete small business management platform.
Starting At $195.00/Mo
Connects People with Answers
Starting At $25.00/Mo
Online, continuous music service
Starting At $4.99/Mo
Field Activity Management Tool
Starting At $5.00/Mo
Note-taking made easy.
Starting At $28.00/yr
Powerful travel expense tracking and reporting system
Starting At $6.49/Mo
An easy and powerful project management and billing software
Starting At $9.99/Mo
Web-based time tracking for PC/Mac, smartphone and terminal
Starting At $19.00/Mo
Invoicing and automated accounting for small business
Starting At $9.00/Mo