NetDocuments offers a powerful suite of tools for document creation, organization, and editing, including integrations with Microsoft Office applications. Combining these powerful tools with easy to use features and applications for users of all skill level will allow for smarter document management within the office.
Organize documents across cabinets, tags, folders, or work spaces across the firm's global repository.
The Power of the Cloud
- Cloud computing is IT anywhere; it eliminates the barriers and costs of on-premise hardware and system software. NetDocuments' cloud includes world-class datacenters with redundancy and security that employs above-industry standards. NetDocuments allows your business and its technology-driven processes to be delivered as a service through the cloud.
The Power of Experience
- Who is NetDocuments? We have over twenty years of experience in developing document management applications, including the fifteen years since NetDocuments was established. With our expertise in servicing major law firms, we know how critical it is to secure your intellectual assets, to ensure the availability of your information, and to protect it from disaster. That's why we have four world-class datacenters, collectively housing over one billion documents owned by thousands of customers in over 140 countries worldwide.
NetDocuments Email Management Service (EMS) allows you to intelligently save, file, and manage emails through a seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook. Emails are dragged or tagged to native Outlook folders, and a copy is then sent to the matter, client, or project-centric workspace in NetDocuments, organizing documents, emails, attachments, and other content into a single location.
- Drag and Drop
Your NetDocuments folder structure is automatically mirrored in Outlook, so you can drag and drop emails to easily sync them directly to NetDocuments
Drag and Drop to Outlook Folders
- File emails to NetDocuments by clicking and dragging to automatically created folders in Outlook.
Simply drag and drop emails to native Outlook folders, created automatically by NetDocuments and mirroring the organization of folders created in NetDocuments. As standard Outlook folders, they are accessible from any mobile device or Outlook Web Access (OWA). Behind the scenes, the emails are filed in NetDocuments in the corresponding folder, and auto-profiled/tagged in the native Outlook .msg format. Emails can be moved or copied from Outlook. Attachments can be "stubbed" or replaced with a link to the original email, and duplicate emails filed will be recognized resulting in a single, physical file being stored in NetDocuments, yet hyperlinked across the various folders the users filed the same email.
Predictive Filing with EMS Profiler
- File emails with predictive client, matter, or project tagging... even for outgoing messages.
Not a fan of drag and drop? Filing can also be done without Outlook folders. EMS Profiler displays profiling/metadata fields on the Outlook menu from which a pre-defined list of your clients, matters or projects can be selected. Taking it even further, it will even populate the client name, matter, or project, based on NetDocuments intelligently remembering previous emails to or from a particular sender. EMS Profiler also allows for an auto-prompt when sending emails.
Security and Compliance
For over a decade NetDocuments has set the standard for world-class security, compliance, privacy, and availability for documents and emails. Our customers' digital assets are protected and encrypted in transit and at rest across private, redundant, federally regulated datacenters and patented technology.
- Data Encryption
Files are encrypted in transit (SSL-128) and at rest (AES-256).
Patented Envelope Technology
- The NetDocuments service and software was built from the ground up as a proprietary software utilizing a key patent to manage the security and rights to a document by wrapping the contents in a digital envelope. Much like a physical envelope, the wrapped digital object is able to maintain access rights, account information, metadata, and any other information relating to a document at the document level.
- NetDocuments operates on four private datacenters – two in the US and two in the UK. The hardware is owned and managed by NetDocuments and the facilities are managed by NetDocuments data-hosting partners, LexisNexis, and Zions Bank. Facilities are equipped with redundancy of power, armed guards, multi-factor authentication, and separation of duties to ensure that key roles and access are segregated.
- Documents managed by NetDocuments are treated as digital assets, which you as a customer always own and control. Privacy and encryption are achieved while contents are in transit or at rest through AES-256 and SSL-128 encryption. The NetDocuments service undergoes regular penetration testing and third-party audits allows the service to be SOC 2 (SSAE-16) certified and HIPAA, SEC, and FINRA compliant.
NetDocuments was built from the ground up as a cloud-based application, which means access is available anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Regardless of where you are in the world, you are always connected to your documents, allowing for the highest level of productivity and collaboration.
Mobility in Action
- NetDocuments' built-in mobility allows all employees to operate under the same instance of the technology, allowing for greater flexibility outside of the office. Edit, collaborate, manage, and share documents on any mobile device without compromising security. NetDocuments' industry-recognized security is built into the service, along with disaster recovery – even on all mobile devices.
- The NetDocuments app for iPad and iPhone gives you full functionality on-the-go.
- Access all of your documents securely through the app.
- Upload, view, and edit documents in your favorite document productivity apps.
- Sync and share files securely from the NetDocuments mobile app through powerful integrations with WebDav, OneDrive, Good Dynamics, etc.
- Access your most recent documents instantly.
- Use NetDocuments' full-text search capability to quickly locate documents and email.
- NetDocuments provides flexible solutions for working with your documents from anywhere in the world.
- Browse your documents, folders, and workspaces anytime, on any device via the mobile web interface.
- Synchronize your files on Android with FolderSync – the Android file sync app by Tacit Dynamics.
- Upload, download, and share documents via Email.
Work doesn't happen alone, or at the same place. Leverage NetDocuments' feature-rich collaboration tools to get more done with others both inside and outside of your organization, anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Working together as a company, team, and across departments has never been easier.
- NetDocuments has a suite of collaboration features that enables documents to be accessed, edited, shared, and organized throughout the entire organization. Content is organized into collaborative workspaces based on customizable metadata tags. The workspace is then accessed by all the individuals and groups that have the appropriate security rights. Within the workspace, collaboration is enhanced with:
- Direct document links for notifying individuals within the company
- Automatic alerts via email or RSS feed when documents are edited
- Document approval
- Version control, auto-versioning, and version locking
- Document history and audit trail
Collaborating With Others
- Document Delivery
- Quick and easy sharing with a Document URL. Delivering a secured link to a document enables you to select one or multiple documents and generate a direct access URL you can send to anyone.
Set an optional password
Lock the version being shared
Grant or restrict the ability to download the document
Set an automatic expiration date for the URL to expire
- Robust external collaboration with full NetDocuments functionality.
On a deeper level of collaboration, NetDocuments extranet feature allows you to grant access to companies and other third parties by allocating cabinets, workspaces, and folders with the full functionality of the service.
- A space for ongoing collaboration with individuals outside your company. The ShareSpaces feature gives you unlimited secure digital rooms to share content.
Create accounts for individuals accessing the ShareSpace
Set security rights and permissions for individuals accessing the ShareSpace
Organize documents with document categories
Engage in a secure threaded discussion
Enable automatic notifications when content is added or edited
Customize the branding with a unique logo
NetDocuments is powered by two private and redundant datacenters geographically dispersed across regions with the lowest probability of natural disaster in the US along with two redundant datacenters in the UK for international customers. Content is replicated from the primary datacenter to the secondary facility in real-time, eliminating the need for third party backup. This means that with NetDocuments, you'll enjoy a built-in business continuity and disaster recovery plan for your data in the event that something should happen to either datacenter.
- NetDocuments owns and operates the hardware at the datacenters in order to control the environment and ensure the highest standards of security, compliance, and availability for your digital assets. With a 99.99% uptime, NetDocuments ensures data integrity across these world-class facilities. Datacenter Features include:
- ISO 27001 compliance
- Third party security audits
- Penetration and stress tests
- Physical security
- Full encryption of data both in transit and at rest
- Redundancy of power and network appliances
- Failover testing
Built-in Business Continuity
- Having a business continuity plan in place allows you to communicate to your clients the high level of commitment and service your firm can offer despite natural or human disasters. As a web based application, NetDocuments is inherently mobile, allowing you to work from anywhere and on any internet connected device in the event your physical facilities fail. NetDocuments dual datacenter architecture ensures redundancy and access in the event the primary datacenter were damaged. As an additional measure at minimal cost, NetDocuments offers the option to have data from the primary datacenter replicated to a server owned and managed by the customer firm. This provides and additional peace of mind as all documents will be replicated across NetDocuments dual datacenters as well as to your physical server.
In today's "bring-your-own" culture, your documents and email no longer live in a silo. You depend on a myriad of apps and tools to serve your clients effectively. Our Marketplace showcases apps and integrations to leverage the power of NetDocuments from anywhere in your workflow.
Complete small business management platform.
Starting At $195.00/Mo
Connects People with Answers
Starting At $25.00/Mo
Online, continuous music service
Starting At $4.99/Mo
Note-taking made easy.
Starting At $28.00/yr
Powerful travel expense tracking and reporting system
Starting At $6.49/Mo
An easy and powerful project management and billing software
Starting At $9.99/Mo
Invoicing and automated accounting for small business
Starting At $9.00/Mo
Real-time business dashboard solution
Search everything, in one shot