Online expense management made easy
Say goodbye to manual entry, excel spreadsheets, and reviewing paper receipts! With TriNet Expense, the expense report process has never been easier. Manage the entire process online by either submitting, approving, or reimbursing employee expense reports for an entire company.
- Import Expenses from a bank, credit card, our collection of CSV formats, or enter from our free mobile expense apps. Add additional information to each expense like date, merchant, category, amount, tax, tag, note, receipt, to/from, client, project, attendee, billable or reimbursable/non-reimbursable. Additionally, expenses can be entered in 160 different foreign currencies and calculated to the user's base currency.
- Mileage can be easily recorded and tracked within TriNet Expense. Use a map to enter the from and to location, accurately calculating the distance driven. The mileage direction line can be dragged to the actual route driven. Users can also enter in the number of miles driven either online or from our free mobile apps to quickly create a mileage expenditure. Attach an image of your mileage route directly to your expense for approvers to review. All mileage is automatically calculated based on your personal or company mileage reimbursement rate.
Be green and eliminate paper receipts
- With TriNet Expense, users can upload scanned receipts, email them to their private TriNet Expense email address, or even snap a picture when using our mobile phone applications. Never again will you or your employees have to worry about carrying a wad of receipts in their wallet or taping receipts to a piece of paper. All receipts are stored security online, backed up and accessible at any point.
Mobile Expense Apps
- Choose from our iPhone, iPad or Android mobile phone applications to record cash expenditures, track mileage, snap pictures of receipts or edit existing expenses imported from a credit card. Users can add or edit existing expenses and attach a digital receipt directly with the mobile app. Additional data can be added like project information, attendee and billable status. TriNet Expense mobile apps also allow creating, submitting and approving expense reports to a company approver, bookkeeper or integration like Intacct and NetSuite.
Auto-Import expenses from over 11,000 credit and bank cards
- Choose from nearly 20,000 credit and debit cards, securely downloaded every day. Best of all, our technology will categorize and display the expenses properly for the expense report or client invoice. TriNet Expense also supports a variety of corporate credit cards like American Express or CitiBank, with an optional feature to mark each expense non-reimbursable when imported.
- TriNet Expense supports 160 currencies both online and with our free mobile apps, including historical FX rates. Each currency is automatically converted to the company base currency. Also supported is the ability to alter conversion rates and currency increases (i.e. bank fees).
Custom Expense Categories
- TriNet Expense provides a list of standard expense categories commonly seen. This list can be completely customized to match the needs of your company, including support for sub-categories and additional fields based on category. TriNet Expense can also import expense categories (Chart of Accounts) from accounting solutions like NetSuite, Intacct and QuickBooks.
Expense Report Approvals At Your Fingertips
- TriNet Expense supports the ability to approve employee expense reports online. Approvers can be set up by the company administrator or the submitter by simply adding a valid email address. When a report is submitted, the approver will be notified by email to log into their TriNet Expense account, view the expenses, receipts, policy violations and approve/reject the expense report. There is no limit to the number of approvers and each will receive a PDF copy of the expense report template via email, including the receipts.
Expense Policy Enforcement
- Expense policies ensure employees follow guidelines on how they should be submitting an expense report. Setting up expense policies can be added in seconds, informing both the report submitter and approvers when an expense policy violation has occurred in an expense report. This powerful feature offers setting basic policies (receipt, max amount, age, category) or creating custom polices designed to meet your company needs.
Powerful Spend Analytics
- Need data at your fingertips how your company or users are spending money? TriNet Expense analytics shows detail historical spending by date range across expense categories, merchants, clients, tags, projects and users. Each report shows graphical representations of the data, that can be exported to a CSV file.
- Add custom tax types (ie. VAT, GST, HST) to track along with expenses. Users associated with a company can add any tax created by their administrators to their expenses, automatically calculating the taxable amount for each expense. Taxes can be tracked by individual expense, expense report or date range. Additionally, use TriNet Expense's spend analytics to track the total amount of taxes incurred by date range, subsidiary, or individual.
- TriNet Expense allows you to export expense report data directly into your Payroll, Accounting or General Ledger system. Supported integrations include NetSuite, Intacct and QuickBooks (Online & Desktop). Download data into PDF, CSV or XML formats for systems like PayChex, ADP, PeachTree, Great Plains (MSFT Dynamics) or Sage. Please see our integration page for a complete list of all our supported solutions.
Add Ons and Integrations
Seamlessly Connect Accounting and Invoicing Solutions
- 25 million companies rely on QuickBooks to run their business. With the combined solutions integrated, companies can export employee expense reports into QuickBooks, eliminating any manual entry and making sure employees are properly reimbursed. TriNet Expense supports both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (2009 or higher). Setting up the export takes less than a few minutes. With this powerful integration, companies can import expense chart of accounts, select customer/jobs and class for each expense line item and choose what accounts expenses should be exported into (Vendor, Employee or Customer).
- TriNet Expense was the first SuiteApp Partner to fully integrate a 3rd party expense solution with NetSuite. Our unique integration offers companies two options when sending expense data to NetSuite. These include sending an expense report directly to NetSuite, leveraging the NetSuite approval process or exporting approved expense report within TriNet Expense directly to the NetSuite Accounts Payable module. Both methods supports importing the NetSuite expense chart of accounts, selecting NetSuite customers for each expense line item, exporting the report details (date, amount, currency, merchant, notes, reimbursable, billable, department, class and location) and adding the digital receipts directly into NetSuite. Submitting to NetSuite can be done by each individual report, sending multiple reports using our batch export process or directly from the TriNet Expense mobile apps.
- Does your company use Intacct Employee Expense as a corporate wide expense management solution? Now with TriNet Expense, an Intacct Ready Partner, you can import credit card transactions, receipt images and clients directly into Intacct. When employees export their reports into Intacct Employee Expense, they will find each expense properly mapped to the Expense Type, Amount, Paid To and Paid For fields. This advanced integration also initiates the employee approval and reimbursement process, making sure employees are getting paid back faster.
- TriNet Expense has partnered with TripIt, creating the ability to include air, car and hotel travel itineraries with your expenses. Once TripIt credentials are added, TriNet Expense will create markers between your expenses, showing when you left for a trip and returned. Once the trip is over, expense reports can be automatically generated using every expense that occurred during the trip dates.
- Does your business rely on Google to run their company email, calendar or online documents? If you have a Google login, TriNet Expense can be added to your list of business applications. The same login will instantly add and invite all your company users into TriNet Expense. With a simple click, every company user will see TriNet Expense as an option on their Google navigation bar and be able to access the service. The integrated apps are available directly from the Google Apps Marketplace.
Field Activity Management Tool
Starting At $5.00/Mo
Powerful travel expense tracking and reporting system
Starting At $6.49/Mo
An easy and powerful project management and billing software
Starting At $9.99/Mo
Web-based time tracking for PC/Mac, smartphone and terminal
Starting At $19.00/Mo
Invoicing and automated accounting for small business
Starting At $9.00/Mo
Web Time Clock & Online Timesheet
Starting At $9.00/Mo
Online Field Service Management Software
Starting At $99.00/Mo
The easiest way to manage invoices.
Starting At $8.00/Mo
Recruitment Software, Application Tracking System
Starting At $299.00/Mo
Creating offers and invoices online.
Starting At $33.00/Mo