- Home Page
- Teammate Pages
- Workplace Portals
- Online Project Management
- Task Management
- Time Tracking
- Capacity Planning
- File Sharing
- Online Notes
- List Management
- Team Pulse
- Email Integration
- Import and Export
- Mobile Access
OnePlace has over 20 separate features (and growing!) that increase business productivity and business organization. In OnePlace, the easiest way to access these features is from the home page.
The customizable home page provides an overview of things that matter most to you — your team's activity, upcoming project and task deadlines, and details about work that's on your schedule. It also offers blended views of information from the workplaces you belong to, keeping you up-to-date on the status of your workplaces.
Panel Drag and Drop
- OnePlace allows you to move panels around your home page using simple drag and drop, so you stay organized and productive.
- There are a number of panels that are available for your home page, such as scheduled tasks, inbasket notifications, updated discussions and files you are working on. You can customize your home page by deciding which panels show. You can also display the panels in one or two columns to keep you more organized.
Team collaboration within a business is the key to increased communication and success. OnePlace knows the importance of team collaboration, and includes Teammate Pages in our solution.
Like Facebook for your team, Teammate Pages provide a view into the OnePlace world of your teammates — what's going on with that teammate, their upcoming deadlines and their recent activity. You also get quick access to the contact information for your teammate.
Workplaces are the central concept for online project collaboration within OnePlace. Workplaces allow users to share information and collaborate together to produce quality results. Workplaces can be used in many different ways, such as collaborating with clients, for managing projects, and for storing and sharing critical business information.
By organizing workplaces effectively, you are empowering your people to stay organized and communicate more efficiently.
- The Workplace Panel on your home page provides access to all the workplaces that you are a member of, and lets you view your workplaces by account and/or category . You can also flag workplaces as "favorites", providing you quick access to these workplaces.
- The Workplace Navigator aids in online project collaboration by providing an easy way to see the projects and members of a workplace. You can drill into a project simply by clicking on the project. If you need to go back to the top level of the workplace that is also just a click away.
- The Workplace Overview provides a home base for a workplace. It's where you can get some high level statistics about the progress you're making on the workplace. You can see the recent activity by the members of the workplace and it's also the launching pad for accessing the features within the workplace, such as projects, discussions and tasks.
Each workplace in OnePlace has a dedicated view called a portal, which has a unique URL and sign in page. Portals are useful for creative agencies and professional organizations wishing to increase customer collaboration with clients and partners. These partners can sign into the portal and gain access to the work being completed, and collaborate on projects together. Portals give a focused view of the workplace for members who use OnePlace occasionally, or who wish to work without the rest of OnePlace distracting them.
Online Project Management
OnePlace offers rich online project management capabilities for accurately modeling the various projects you tackle on a daily basis. A key aspect is hierarchical projects, which allow you to model as deep a project hierarchy as necessary. OnePlace also provides statistics on your projects so that you can keep tabs on how they are progressing.
Detailed online project management like this allows for greater project oversight and increased organization of business operations. Individuals are empowered to manage their tasks, and project managers have easy access to project reports to stay on top of team activity.
- The Project Overview provides information about how work in the project is progressing. The overview also gives access to a set of actions that can be performed on a project, such as marking the project complete, printing a detailed report of the project, or adding new items to the project (sub-projects, tasks, files, notes, etc.)
- OnePlace provides several charts and statistics for helping the project manager stay informed of the progress of a project.
OnePlace offers detailed task management software, which allows you to work with all your tasks at one time, or to focus on the tasks that belong to a single workplace or project. You can filter, sort and group your tasks in any way you see fit.
OnePlace also includes a view that gives you access to the work you've scheduled. Being productive and improving employee efficiency is all about identifying what you should work on now, and what can wait for later.
- When you click on a task within OnePlace, you get a rich view that allows you to see all the details about the task, and to interact with the task, such as by completing it, applying time, uploading a file or posting a comment.
- One of our most popular features is repeating tasks, which allows you to set up a task that repeats on a schedule that you define (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly). This is definitely a time saver for people who tend to do the same things over and over.
Accurate time tracking is key to a successful business project management solution. OnePlace allows users to track the time spent working on tasks. As you apply time to a task, OnePlace will automatically calculate and show you how much time you've spent on the task, and how much time is remaining until the task is completed.
Starting, Pausing and Completing Tasks
- OnePlace makes it very easy to keep track of your time, by offering convenient start, pause and complete buttons for a task. OnePlace also shows you a running tally of the time you've spent working on a task. Never lose another minute again!
- OnePlace has a weekly timesheet report that lets you view the time you or another teammate has spent working on tasks over the course of a week. This report also helps supervisors keep track of team hours and activity right within the online project management software itself.
Capacity Planning is the process of determining if your team has the capacity to do the work required of it. The Capacity Planning features within OnePlace help your team understand how much work each team member is scheduled for, and provide controls for ensuring that no one is scheduled beyond his/her capacity to get the work done.
OnePlace’s online project management software provides the ability to create various types of reports. All OnePlace reports can be printed directly from the browser in a printer-friendly format. By using a simple step-by-step user interface, a user can customize a report to contain the exact information they need.
OnePlace’s online project management software provides the ability to keep track of billable work. You can track quoted and invoiced amounts at the task level, and then export this information, based on numerous selection criteria, for use within your accounting software.
Reporting & Exporting Billable Tasks
- Once you've captured billing information within OnePlace, you can then generate various reports of this information, based on certain date ranges, for specific projects, etc. Then, export this information to file so that you can use it within your accounting software.
Discussions can be used as a successful online team collaboration solution, and are a great way for teams to hold long-running conversations online. Discussions can be created around any topic, such a concept or an overall business goal. Now all communication and generated ideas around that topic are kept in OnePlace for easy reference, rather than in multiple email strings or in notes from a meeting.
Team members can join and leave discussions without missing any of the conversation. OnePlace automatically refreshes a discussion, allowing it to be used like instant messaging. Users can upload files into a discussion, with image files shown right in the flow of the discussion.
OnePlace offers a unique team collaboration solution by allowing you to upload files of all types and attach them to workplaces, projects and tasks. Each member of the workplace in which the file resides gains instant access to view and download the file. You can also use the file check in/check out feature to manage multiple versions of each file for team collaboration to ensure everyone has access to the most current version.
- When you click on a file within OnePlace, you get a rich view that allows you to see all the details about the file, including the different versions that have been uploaded, as well as any comments that have been posted about the file.
OnePlace increases project collaboration among team members by allowing teams to create notes and attach them to workplaces, projects and tasks. Notes are free-formatted text, and can be used in a wide variety of ways, such as writing up meeting details, documenting important business information, and capturing business processes.
Project management for business relies on a trusted way to store information. Lists are great for capturing this information in a structured way and sharing it with your team. OnePlace provides templates for creating different kinds of lists easily, such as:
Another feature for online team collaboration, Comments allow you to hold a conversation around a file, task or project. Anyone in a workplace can add comments to a file, task or project in the workplace. This feature allows you to keep the details of the conversation with the subject of the conversation, providing context for the comments and preserving them for future reference.
Keeping your virtual workspace organized and scheduling your work is very important for helping you focus on what you should do each day. The OnePlace Calendar allows you to quickly organize your tasks on the days you want to work on them. A drag and drop feature is offered to allow you to easily add tasks to your schedule, and for updating your schedule as priorities and availability can change instantly.
Social media is becoming a valuable way for online workers to communicate, with tools like Twitter and Facebook gaining in popularity. But what if it could be integrated into your online project management system, instead of just being a stand-alone tool? OnePlace has done just that! It's called Team Pulse.
Aimed at increasing business collaboration, Team Pulse is a Twitter-like way to communicate regularly with your team members. A "pulse" is equivalent to a "tweet," and is private for only your team members to see. One key benefit of this feature is that it automatically "pulses" on your behalf when you mark a task as "In Progress" or "Complete" -- so all your team members automatically get notified and stay in-the-know on team activity!
Another one of OnePlace’s collaboration tools, the Inbasket is a convenient way for OnePlace users to communicate with each other. Similar to email, users can send messages, reply to messages, and forward messages. The Inbasket is also used by OnePlace to notify users when certain events occur that concern them. Another great use for the Inbasket is for capturing random pieces of information, which can be processed at a later time. OnePlace makes task management and project management easy by properly using your Inbasket.
To help teams stay in the know, the OnePlace project management solution monitors changes made to shared data, and notifies users of these changes as appropriate. Examples include notifying a user when they've been assigned to a task, notifying team members when a new file, list or note has been added to a workplace, and notifying a user when they've been added to a workplace.
System notifications are sent to your Inbasket, email or both, depending on your preference. You can also view your unread notifications on your home page.
Let's face it, email is still the way that most people communicate with one another today over the web. OnePlace recognizes this, and provides several ways to increase employee productivity by using email to interact with OnePlace.
Listed below are the various ways that OnePlace integrates with email.
- Receive a daily update email with information about what's on your schedule for today, and which projects and tasks have upcoming deadlines.
- Interact with your discussions, and collaborate with your team via email.
- Comment on tasks, files and projects from email.
- Email tasks and notes into any workplace or project.
- Email files into OnePlace, including multiple files with one email.
- Email yourself inbasket notes, making it easy and convenient to add things to your trusted source.
- Send team pulses to other team members via email.
- Receive system notifications via email.
Import and Export
In any project management software, it's important to be able to quickly build your project plan, as well as extract your data if necessary. OnePlace allows you to do both. You can easily create new tasks in your project by uploading a CSV file. You can also export task and time tracking data to a CSV file, making it easy to use this information in other applications.
- Create new tasks and update existing tasks simply by uploading a simple CSV file.
- Using a simple step-by-step export wizard, you can specify various filters that define the set of tasks to be exported. This allows you to do things like, "Export all tasks that were worked on last month by Jill and Bob for the Acme client."
For the traveling business professional or the busy mom on the go, we’ve integrated mobile project management into our online project management solution. We built versions of OnePlace specifically tuned for the activities you need on the go. These mobile versions of OnePlace work on your iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Palm Treo, and other web-enabled devices.
Leaving the home or office doesn't mean leaving your OnePlace behind. Stay connected with your teammates no matter where you are!
Keeping the data in your virtual workplace secure is our number one priority. Here are just some of the things we do to ensure no one but you has access to your data:
Complete small business management platform.
Starting At $195.00/Mo
Connects People with Answers
Starting At $25.00/Mo
Online, continuous music service
Starting At $4.99/Mo
Field Activity Management Tool
Starting At $5.00/Mo
Note-taking made easy.
Starting At $28.00/yr
Powerful travel expense tracking and reporting system
Starting At $6.49/Mo
An easy and powerful project management and billing software
Starting At $9.99/Mo
Web-based time tracking for PC/Mac, smartphone and terminal
Starting At $19.00/Mo
Invoicing and automated accounting for small business
Starting At $9.00/Mo